Commercial Pilot Licence – CPL(H)
For those who hold a Private Pilot’s Licence (Helicopters) wanting to develop their skills to become a commercial pilot, we can offer training for the EASA CPL(H). This level of licence permits holders to fly helicopters as a career and be paid for their services.
- 30 hours’ flight time consisting of: 10 hours’ Instrument and 20 hours’ Visual General Handling and Navigation.
- 5 hours Night Flying if the candidate does not already hold a Night Rating.
- Flight test carried out by CAA appointed Examiner.
— Pre-entry Requirements
- Must hold a valid PPL(H).
- Hold a valid Class 1 Medical Certificate.
- Have adequate knowledge of the English Language to be able to take instruction.
- Have logged at least 155 hours’ flight time as a pilot in helicopters, including 50 hours as Pilot in Command of which 10 hours shall be cross-country.
- Have completed an approved module of Theoretical Knowledge Instruction. A pass in all of the Theoretical Knowledge Exams at CPL(H) or ATPL(H) level must have been achieved prior to attempting the skills test.
Get a detailed overview about what the CPL(H) course covers.
The Ground School subjects for the Commercial Pilot’s Licence can be quite a daunting task, but under the guidance of specialist instruction, candidates are given every assistance to help them gain passes in all subjects. Elite does not offer the Ground School tuition but are able to offer guidance to the best learning providers in the country who offer distance learning or full-time study courses for students.
The subjects to be studied are:
- Air Law
- Operational Procedures
- Aircraft General Knowledge (airframe/systems/power-plant)
- Aircraft General Knowledge – (instruments)
- Radio Navigation
- General Navigation
- Human Performance
- VFR Communications
- Mass and Balance
- Flight Planning & Monitoring
- Principles of Flight
All exams must be passed within 18 months of your first sitting. Only six sittings are permitted and if a subject is failed, a maximum of three resits is permitted.
The instructors here at Elite will always be on hand to help with your Ground School is needed.
Students love Elite Helicopters
Get a first-hand perspective from some of our previous students.
Need to know more?
If you have any questions about the CPL(H) course or want to know how much it costs to become a helicopter pilot, our friendly team are on hand to help.