Self Fly Hire & Hour Building
Once you have your licence – what to do next?
We encourage our Self Fly Hire pilots to gain more valued experience by actively guiding pilots to develop their skills and suggest different flights and routes to undertake as the pilot gains confidence.
- Start by doing a cross country in the local area.
- Cross country with passenger(s) to an alternative airfield. (And treat them to an all-day breakfast – the pilots’ staple diet – at the aerodrome café!).
- Fly to a private site, perhaps a hotel or friend’s property (check with an Elite Instructor for suitability of site beforehand).
- Explore the London Heliroutes (requires instructional flights and approval from the CFI prior to solo flight in the London Control Zone).
- Mountain Flying in Wales.
- Cross Channel flight to Le Touquet/Paris.
- Add another helicopter type to your licence – generally a minimum of 5 hours’ training plus flight test.
- Obtain a Night Qualification.
Advanced Flying & Ratings
We’ll help you progress further with a range of options to suit you.
Need to know more?
If you have any questions about Self-Fly hire or Hour Building, our friendly team are on hand to help.