Flight Instructor Rating – FI(H)
Providing tuition to train a candidate to enable them to provide instruction to students for single engine helicopters to LAPL(H), PPL(H) and Type Rating training.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Hold English Language Proficiency Endorsement to at least ICAO Level 4.
- Hold a valid Pilot’s Licence on Helicopters.
- Meet the EASA Commercial Ground School Requirements.
- Have completed at least 250 hours’ total flight time as helicopter pilot of which at least 100 hours shall be as PIC for the holder of an ATPL(H) or CPL(H), or 200 hours as PIC for holders of a PPL(H).
- Have 10 hours’ instrument flight instruction.
- Have completed at least 20 hours of VFR cross-country flight in helicopters as Pilot in Command.
- Pass Pre-Entry Test within 6 months before commencing Flight Instructor’s Course.
- Hold a Night Rating for Helicopters, if night instructing is required.
Further information about what the FI(H) course covers.
- 30 hours Flight Instruction. Of which 25 hours shall be dual flight instruction – remaining 5 hours can be mutual if 2 candidates learning at the same time. In addition 1 hour night instruction if night instructing privileges required.
- Ground Instruction of a minimum of 125 hours, plus additional 5 hours night instruction, if night instructing privileges required.
- Flight test – demonstrating a lesson brief and flight.
Our CAA approved helicopter training courses are conducted from our comfortable, modern flight schools located at Goodwood Aerodrome and Fairoaks Airport.
Need to know more?
If you have any questions about the FI(H) course, our friendly team are on hand to help — 7 days a week.